31 January 2012

Yes, I'm Back

I think I'm just having a hormonal couple of days...

I hurt my foot yesterday at the gym. Apparently walking is too hard of a concept for my body to grab, so while walking something popped in my foot and it's been hurting a good bit.

On top of that I've just been cranky and irritable yesterday and today. Maybe I need more chocolate. Or food. Or both.

I'm back to writing. I'm out of school, and a stay-at-home mom. I have to have a place where I can blather on about something that is not toddler related. Or at least, not toddler related all the time.

I do have a recipe today though. It's one that there are no actual measurements for. You'll just have to guesstimate.

Teriyaki Chicken
Feeds 2

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
gluten free soy sauce
apple cider vinegar
ground ginger
ground garlic
brown sugar
stir-fry vegetables (optional)
rice

1. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut the chicken up into bite size pieces. Place the pieces in a ziplock bag (I use a quart size freezer bag).
2. Fill the bag about half way up the chicken with soy sauce, then fill the rest of the way with apple cider vinegar. Just until the chicken is covered.
3. I give 4 small sprinkles of ginger, and then 2 medium sprinkles of garlic.
4. Using a spoon, put 4 half-spoons (NOT 4 and a half spoons) of brown sugar into the bag.
5. Seal the bag after squeezing all of the air out.
6. Shake the bag so that all the ingredients mix. Let marinate for around 4 hours. (I've done as little as 1 hour).
7. Heat up a medium sized pan that has deep enough sides so that you can pour the chicken and teriyaki sauce into the pan.
8. Cook over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced a bit. [At this point, you can add vegetables and cook them with the chicken.]
9. Meanwhile, cook rice however you like. (Pot, rice cooker, Uncle Ben's instant in the microwave, whatever).
10. Top rice on plate with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment